Seriously, just hear me out.
Have you ever found yourself relaxing on the couch on a “lazy Sunday” afternoon? You slooowly reach for the remote, grab it and quickly fall back and slump into the couch once more.
Now the hard part.
What to watch? Hundreds of channels – if you’re lucky enough to have a cable or satellite – but as for the actual selections available to you...
- Fishing shows. A Sunday staple, but…
- Religious programing. Some of it extends into the P.M. Doesn’t God rest on Sunday?
- Golf. If you’re a 50-year-old male and too poor to actually get on the green yourself, maybe this is for you!
- “C grade” cooking shows. The stuff that’s too old and boring for Daytime TV!
- Really bad movies. Stroker Ace, anyone?
If you’re a kid and your parents have dragged you off to some boring relative’s house, your situation is even worse!
I remember trying to watch bowling at my Aunt Nancy’s house… I think begged my Mom for a buck – it went further back then – hurled myself through the screen door and crawled to the corner store. I crawled so it would take longer!
Ah, good times on a Sunday…
Thank you, heartless network executives in cheap suits!