And so another comic book convention has come and gone – specifically, Fan Expo Canada 2013 - and I’m bummed.
For financial reasons (the red in my ledger is the new black, it seems.), I find myself on the sidelines writing about a con rather than attending.
Speaking of which, why do they still call them comic cons? The modern-day convention has sports, horror, gaming, celebrities of all genres. There is barely room for the comic buff to move!
It’s not easy being a nerd…
Oh well, on with the show.
10) ”I love sports!” (Well, in the old days you’d never hear that, at least!)
9) ”Ben Affleck as Batman? I can get behind that!”
8) ”I’m here with my supermodel girlfriend!”
7) ”My mom didn’t drive me here this year!”
6) ”Now that I think about it, Daredevil was a great film.”
5) ”Joel Schumacher is a misunderstood genius.”
4) ”Enterprise was actually a great show and a wonderful addition to the Trek universe.”
3) ”$80 for an autograph from someone who hasn’t been relevant for twenty years? I don’t mind paying that at all!”
2) ”I love standing in line until I lose feeling in my legs!”
1) ”Hey, everyone! I just got laid!”