I realize they are God’s creatures and thus worthy of respect, but I have a major problem with this species of feline.
They freak me out, simple as that.
They resemble a raw piece of chicken – with bug eyes and claws.
HOOK’S NOTE: We interrupt our regularly scheduled countdown of all things terrible to bring you this important announcement. Well, its important to me, anyway!
November 19, 2010: A neophyte blogger named The Hook decides to crack the spine on a new blog, The Book of Terrible.
The polar opposite of another blog which will remain nameless, The Hook’s new home forgoes the process of celebrating the “AWESOME!” and instead highlights the joy one can experience from spotlighting the“TERRIBLE!”
Less than one year later, I’ve written a few hundred posts – while making more than a few mistakes along the way – and I’ve learned a thing or two about blogging and life in general.
- NEVER PISS OFF A GIRLFRIEND WHO WRITES A BLOG! You’ll be paying for years. Seriously.
- KEEP HITTING THE SPELL CHECK! Even then, you could screw up, but don’t stop trying!
- GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT! My format change from pop culture rants to “terrible countdown” was prompted by my realization that people want to laugh about shared experiences like the frustration we all feel when someone can’t shut up during a movie. I hate that!
- BLOG BECAUSE YOU WANT TO. When it becomes an obligation or an addcition, its time to go back to using your computer to surf porn.
- NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF NOSTALGIA. My most successful post focussed on the “old” Catwoman Julie Newmar’s opinion on the new Catwoman Anne Hathaway. People love to revisit their youth; the memory is always better than the actual experience.
In closing, a heartfelt “Thank You” to all of my visitors. Whether you’re a subscriber, a casual reader or someone who was just looking for naked pictures of Laura Calder – and there are a lot of you out there – you have my eternal gratitude for stopping by.
With any luck you’ll be reading the print version of The Book of Terrible and You’ve Been Hooked! by this time next year. We can’t let the “AWESOME!” people have complete control of the book world, can we?
- Selina Kyle? Catwoman? Anne Hathaway? Christopher Nolan? (formula457.wordpress.com)