A QUICK RECAP: The Hook is a bellman in a luxury hotel with a thousand rooms. Sunday morning checkout makes the fall of Saigon look like a tea party. Let’s begin, shall we?
1) Suitcase malfunctions. A young, white couple arrives and I unload their bags. As I’m rolling my cart into the storage room, a loud buzzing begins to emanate from one of the suitcases and voids the silence. A Cheshire grin appears upon my face as I run my hands along the back of the bag and hit pay dirt: sure enough, the prominent outline of two “mechanical boyfriends” helped set the tone for the day to follow…
2) Hung-over Frat Boys. Nothing makes your day like listening to a bunch of jackasses push their way through the Sunday morning crowd while shouting “Dude, where’s my car?”
3) Still-drunk Bachelorettes. Of course, frat boys are tame compared to the attention a group of wasted females draw to themselves as they stumble past bewildered families while one of them “whispers”, “Sally, I think I’m going to throw up that Red Bull we had with the leftover pizza this morning!” And then she does.
4) The weight of the week. On any given Sunday, I’m usually feeling the effects of the fun and games that follow my weekdays, but this week was a KILLER – courtesy of a seemingly-invincible flu bug- so I was envying the dead…
5) Not being able to sleep in. I have a family and a full time job. I miss sleep.
6) There’s nothing to watch on TV. I don’t watch football. Honey Boo Boo, anyone? I don’t think so…
7) You know Monday is coming… And Mondays suck, right?
8) Having to clean up from Saturday night. If your Saturday was kick-ass, then your Sunday is going to kick your ass…
9) Trying to write blog post. I’m nearly done, but stumped. Sue me.
10) The x-factor. Sundays, especially my Sundays, were made for the phrase, “expect the unexpected”. This week’s offering: a leak that started in a single room on the 34th floor and soon spread. To. Every. Single. Floor. Below. That was fun to deal with….
- Sunday Morning, Praise the Dawning (grandmalin.wordpress.com)
- Magic Sunday and Community, Or: Suffering through church (wordsandslurs.wordpress.com)