Let me just say this: I love the movies. Seriously.
- Anything is possible, “You will believe a man can fly!” And we did.
- Sharing the whole big-screen experience with a room full of strangers rocks – most of the time.
- Popcorn rules! Period.
However, this isn’t The Book of Awesome, so let’s get to the terrible things that surround the summer movie experience, shall we?
- The lines… that… never… end! Lines for tickets, concessions, lines for everything it seems!
- Crazy concession prices. Yes, they’re the same all-year round, but when you seem to spend extra cash in the summer $50 for food really hurts!
- Chatty Cathys! Sure, I know you’re filled with summertime energy, but just shut it for two hours, okay? You want to yak your head off? Do it back at the hospital, you nut jobs!
- That one fat guy who eats like Godzilla devouring Tokyo!
- Crazed, giggly teen girls! They’re a subsection of the Chatty Cathys and a truly annoying one at that!
And you know what else really sucks about the movies these days? The near-extinction of the old time movie house. I miss the character surrounding these places, don’t you?
Multiplexes just can’t compete….
But I’m showing my age, so its time to go. Until we meet again, try to stay cool okay?
The Kindle version is still in the works, but here’s the Amazon link for the “old fashioned” print version…
- Our Favorite Movie Theatre Experiences (mrmovietimes.com)