We tend to forget Clark Kent is a writer.
Okay, he’s actually a journalist, but you get the point; he’s a creative individual. Not only that, he’s the Ultimate Creative Genius; able to write at superhuman speed while still finding time to leap tall buildings in a single bound!
I do not possess super-speed. I cannot formulate a blog post in my Kryptonian brain while foiling Lex Luthor’s latest scheme. My tiny human brain has found itself overwhelmed of late by my many challenges. Such as…
- Working full-time carting luggage around for ungrateful tourists.
- Supporting – and occasionally enjoying – a family.
- Writing and maintaining You’ve been Hooked!
- Writing and maintaining The Book of Terrible.
- Creating and launching weekly column for Bullet News Niagara.
- Launching and promoting my first – and hopefully not last – book, The Bellman Chronicles.
- And finally, attending a movie and comic convention here and there!
If I was concealing a tenth of Mr. Kent’s awesome power, maybe I’d have a shot at maintaining all of the responsibilities I’ve chosen to shoulder. However, I am but a mere mortal – I know, it saddens my wife, she was hoping to land a vampire – who has been forced to concede defeat.
As you are well aware, my productivity has taken a hit of late and it does not appear the situation is going to improve any time soon. To say the very least. I’m certain many of you have reached this conclusion in regards to your own hectic schedules; there simply aren’t enough hours in a single day to do it all.
Whether it’s a dream or a loved one, something always suffers when we take on a foe outside our power set.
Sorry, the comic book analogies just come so naturally, I can’t resist.
At any rate, while I have not thrown in the proverbial, blogging towel just yet I have found myself forced to scale back my WordPress activities… for a little while, at least. Ironically, it was my blogs that inspired me to write a book and pursue an online column in the first place.
To wrap this rambling mess up, I’ll still be around folks; just in small doses. And as always, I’ll pop up occasionally on other blogs. keep in touch, okay?
- To All MY Friends Out There….. (youvebeenhooked.wordpress.com)
- SMALLVILLE Comic To Pick Up Right Where the Series Left Off (geektyrant.com)