Unfortunately our world is fraught with peril and so our borders must be protected.
Indeed, I applaud our border agents for shouldering such an awesome responsibility on their broad shoulders. That having been said, there is an irrefutable truth to the entire border crossing process…
IT JUST PLAIN SUCKS!
- The lines are ridiculously long; you’d think they were giving out free hams!
- Your trepidation builds with every nerve-wracking second. The last thing you want to do is rehearse your answers; nothing good will come of that, trust me.
- The agent’s steely exterior immediately sets off your “douchebag radar”. They’re just doing their job, people! They’re not stand-up comics; they’re trying to catch criminals!
- Your nervousness triggers sudden memory loss! You instantly forget the geographical location of your birth, and other simple details.
To sum up, the truth of our nature requires we protect out borders, but that same nature reduces some of us to blithering idiots when we have to cross those very lines.
I wish they handed out cocktails before you crossed; that would mellow everyone out, right?
Once again, this explains precisely why I carry luggage for a living…
- Suit alleges ‘sexual groping’ at Windsor-Detroit border crossing (windsorstar.com)
- 3 Canadians accuse U.S. border guards of ‘molestation’ (cbc.ca)
- Expect March Break border backups, says CBSA (blogs.windsorstar.com)