Where to begin?
- First you sit in a crowded waiting area with other nervous souls who would kill you if it meant they’d be guaranteed the position!
- Then you sit down in another room while some middle-management schmuck stares at your file for what seems like forever. What’s in there, your life story?
Finally, the interview begins and you start to feel the heat when you get those inane questions hurled at you. If only you could answer truthfully.
- “Why did you leave your last position?” They downsized my ass, that’s why!
- “Why did you choose us?” Starvation doesn’t fit into my lifestyle!
- “What’s you ideal starting salary?” I don’t know, what do you make?
- “How would you handle a disgruntled customer?” That depends, do you have bail coverage for employees?
Assuming you don’t leap over the desk and throttle said middle-management weasel, you should come through the ordeal physically unscathed, but forever scarred. Hopefully you have enough leeway in your schedule to grab a coffee before your next interview.
Unemployment rocks. right?