We all wore one of these at least once over the span of our childhood.
- The masks were that low-end plastic that scratched your face to ribbons if it cracked.
- There was one thin rubber string that snapped before the night ended, guaranteed.
- Breathing was optional, so one tiny hole was provided for your mouth. Your breath shot back and caused you to sweat to death in about fifteen seconds!
- Vision was equally optional, hence the poorly designed eye holes.
- The capper was the garbage bag that served as the top!
It’s a wonder we went out at all in these things! But I guess if everyone is suffering, we don’t realize just how bad off we are. Until we grow up and break out the family photo album.
These days, the costumes have improved in quality but not cost; a half- decent licensed outfit will set you back at least $40.
Halloween is for kids, but they’re not the ones paying for it.