Yes, this one is so obvious it hurts, but it also reaches everyone.
Who hasn’t been pissed off by some Chatty Cathy? The modern moviegoer has enough to deal with these days without some moron disregarding the basic rules of civilized society.
- First you spend time you’ll never get back in line. By the way, it just feels like an eternity!
- Next, you shell out more money for two tickets than you spent on your wedding anniversary!
- Then you make that climb up the aisles until you find the perfect seat – or any available one!
- Next you take out a small loan to pay for popcorn and a drink. A side note: the size choices are ridiculous, aren’t they? Do you need three litres of Coke when you’re going to be sitting for two hours?
- Then there is the “pre-show” a.k.a fifteen minutes of advertising to contend with.
- Next are the previews that show you the entire movie in glorious make-your-ears-bleed surround sound!
Finally - assuming you survive the build-up – the Feature Presentation begins. Things are fine – at first. Then, just as you’re being drawn in by the magic of the cinema, the bottoms drops out of the whole experience.
Someone, you’re not sure just who, can’t shut up!
Or rather, they refuse to. People know what they’re doing, they just don’t care. The hell with you and your quest for a few hours of peace and enjoyment in the dark.
You can always rent the movie when it come out.
- Odd kids and movies (myorbit365.wordpress.com)
- People at the Movie Theatre… (hilarytopper.com)
- A Lesson in Movie Theater Etiquette from the Muppets (popdose.com)