And the turkey is drier than the Sahara!
Is there anything worse than attempting to force down bite after bite of overcooked turkey?
You reach for your glass after every… single… forkful, but then you’re full of liquid after ten minutes! And God help you if there isn’t enough gravy!
Thanksgiving can be stressful enough with out culinary errors complicating matters, right? There are so many things that we have to contend with..
- The sheer magnitude of work it takes to produce a quality feast.
- Unruly, impatient kids who can’t wait to sit at their table – and fling food at each other!
- Annoying relatives you see once a year – and that’s too often!
- The inevitable critique from the mother-in-law – on every detail!
- The clean-up process – that makes you want to cry!
Canadians like myself get to enjoy Thanksgiving before our Yankee cousins, so I suppose we can consider ours a “dry run”.
I just hope it doesn’t become one in a literal sense.