Hardcore fans of anything, whether it’s a tv show or movie, take changes to their regular routine very personally.
Take my daughter for example; it took 9 seasons, but she is now a huge Smallville fan who can’t wait for Friday nights for a new episode.
After a winter hiatus, her favorite show was scheduled to return yesterday. However, despite watching every single episode of Smallville to date, she didn’t account for the evil machinations of weasels in suits and their blatant disregard for fans, even young ones who spend their parents’ money on DVDs and merchandise.
Check out the following press release from said CW Network weasels.
Please note the following changes to the FRIDAY NIGHT schedule:
• On Friday, January 28, (8:00-9:00 p.m.) an encore of THE VAMPIRE DIARIES episode titled “The Descent” will air in place of the previously announced SMALLVILLE episode titled “Collateral.”
• On Friday, January 28 (9:00-10:00 p.m.) an encore of the NIKITA episode titled “Free” will air in place of the previously announced SUPERNATURAL episode titled “Like a Virgin.”
Now, one could say she had fair warning, right? Well, not exactly.
A local station, CHCH in Hamilton, didn’t update their television listings on Canadian cable guides so my fans like my daughter were under the impression they would get see Clark Kent and the gang in action.
I wish I could publish an audio clip of the decibel level in my living room last night.
- Smallville Exclusive: Sebastian Spence Cast as Ted Kord (omg.yahoo.com)
- ‘Smallville’ Return Delayed One Week (splashpage.mtv.com)
- Smallville Exclusive: Prepare to Kneel Before Zod! (omg.yahoo.com)
- CW Delays Returns of ‘Smallville’ and ‘Supernatural’ One Week to Run ‘Vampire Diaries’ and ‘Nikita’ Encores (tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com)